Wednesday, April 21, 2010


Ok so I am still unsure what to get my Mum for Mothers Day this year. I know it doesn't REALLY matter what I decide in the end, because I know she will love (or pretend to) what ever I get her. It's just that this year I have a clearer understanding of what Mothers Day is actually all about. It's about being grateful, I always knew that but now that I'm older I really understand what my Mum gave up to be my Mum... I mean how can you possibly find a gift that says "thanks so much Mum for giving up some of the best years of you life, thanks for sacraficing your next to perfect body figure for me, thanks for listening to me nag and nag, thanks for letting me think I knew all the answers in the world and thanks for not ripping that peircing out ..."


There are many of us that will always ask Mother dear what she would like this year, and still get the same response as the last ten thousand years "oh I'll be happy with what ever you get for me"... Yea ok, so what should I get you then??? Will you be happy if I pick that one thong someone left at the beach, wrap it up and put it in a box for you?? Will that make you happy? What if I just get that "Number One Mum" mug I got you when I was like 10 and re-wrap it?? Surely that will not make your day and perhaps even make you regret a few things...


Actually reviewing the situation, I think The Story Tree will be the best bet. With all the cook books, new novels in store and pretty pretty things...



Rachel and Maddie making room for the new Mothers Day Display




Happy Days!! Good luck on your voyage finding the perfect Mother's Day Present !! Take Care...

Ann-Marie

@ The Story Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment